This week's blog content jumps straight to the Sunday Journal. I don't know how I've managed it, but I've only ended up working 2 days this week. I got to enjoy all the good things that come with a bank holiday, and naturally slip into ALL my bad food habits again. I got to make a sneaky day trip up to London - spend my morning learning about perfumes and my afternoon wandering through Selfridges soaking it all in. I got to visit MUJI for the first time- which meant picking up some very exciting skincare and giving myself a very stern talking to so I didn't bring ALL the storage solutions back on the train with me. I got to spend an evening singing along to Beyonce and ABBA with the Lady Boys of Bangkok. And I got time to start trying to plan the big move to Bournemouth in a couple of months! Exciting things are coming people- exciting things like sandy beaches!
Sunday// Full English: Toast, Fried Eggs, Beans, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Bacon; Apple; Almonds; Date Shake; Roast: Pork Shoulder in Cider, Roast Potatoes, Gravy, Carrots, Kale. Tea Count: 1 Breakfast Tea. Water Log: 0.
Monday// Eggs Royale; Almonds; Date Shake; Apple; Polenta with Crispy Kale and Mushrooms; 1/2 Bowl of Bacon Pasta; Ben & Jerry's. Tea Count: 1 Pot Chai. Almond Latte. Water Log: 750ml.
Tuesday// Banana; Bacon Sandwich; Duck Hoisin Wrap; Prawn Cocktail Crisps; Blueberries; Ella's Best Breakfast Smoothie; Apple; Brown Rice with Kale, Broccoli and Pork. Tea Count: 1 Chai Latte. Pomegranate, Rose & Cranberry Juice. Water Log: 750ml.
Wednesday// Banana; Avocado on Toast; Almonds; 1/2 Avocado; Apple; Chicken, Ginger & Edamame Soup, Mini Baguette; Dark Chocolate; Chicken Pizza, Wedges; Apple. Tea Count: 0. Water Log: 1.5 L. Cranberry Juice.
Thursday//Almonds; Banana; Avocado on Toast; Chicken Teryiaki on Rice; Carrot & Coriander Soup; 'Chocolate' Bran Flake Bites. Tea Count: 1 Breakfast Tea. Water Log: 750ml. Prosecco. White Wine. Vodka Tonic.
Friday// 3 Cheese Tortellini with Extra Cheese; Green Grapes; Sweet Popcorn; Pizza; Dough Balls with Garlic Dip; Chicken Tenders, Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Tea Count: 0. Water Log: 1.5 L. Orange Juice.
Saturday// Banana; Apple; Blueberry Muffin; Lemon & Corriander Cous Cous; Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups; Polenta with Garlic, Bacon & Spinach. Tea Count: 0. Water Log: 1.5 L. Cranberry Juice.
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1/3 Cup Oats
- 2-3 Drops Vanilla Essence
- 2 tbsp Date Syrup
- Enough Almond Milk
5 THINGS TO READ/WATCH
- Caroline Hirons is travelling and it's full of ALL the drool-worthy skincare
- SUQQU's Gankin Massage. I read about it here, then I read about it here. Now you should read about it, try it, and love it too.
- Divya's new post is full to the brim with all sorts of makeup musing goodness. And it makes me want to upend and leave for the warmer climes of India.
- I've fallen in love with Lilly's 'In Seven Days Around the Web' series all over again- there should be a new one surfacing soon!
- If you haven't got a chance to pick up the book yet, feast your eyes on all the fabulous Hemsley & Hemsley recipes here! There's so much choice I am having serious trouble narrowing everything down. Monday will be cooking marathon day!
5 THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY THIS WEEK
- Enjoying the last day of the bank holiday strolling through town with the boy in the sun.
- Getting paid to spend all of Tuesday training with one of my favourite fragrance houses- perks of the job!
- Attending the Lady Boys of Bangkok show for the second year running.... they start in Brighton, but chances are they are coming to you!
- Embarking on the weird experiment that is trying to cook polenta and finding this guy on youtube ... that voice!
- Spending all of Friday curled up on the couch in hangover recovery mode- excuse Friday's food diary. Needs, musts.