This week has been a week of indulgences and a week of firsts. This week I juiced for the first time. I learned that green juice is an acquired taste. I learned that broccoli in no way contains a high water content. And I learned you do need to use the cap on top of the juicer or you will end up with bits of ginger and apple ALL over the kitchen. This week I also had the pleasure of watching the Eurovision song contest for the first time. I learnt that it is possible for an hour and a half of music to require 4 hours of television coverage. I learnt that (apparently) there are 27 different traditional Austrian activities, and I learnt that Israel is part of Europe?!?! Most importantly, this week sees the start of my first ever bank holiday weekend off since moving to the UK. When you work in retail that is near on impossible! So far I have eaten ALL the food, slipped back into drinking ALL the tea and spent an inordinate amount of time lying in bed. There's a potential day trip on the cards on Monday but that is it. I could definitely get used to this.
Sunday// Avocado, Tomato & Mozzarella Salad; Chicken, Mushroom & Red Onion Pizza; Lemon & Poppy Seed Slice, Tremeços. Tea Count: 1 Mint. Water Log: 0. Decaf Almond Milk Latte. White Wine.
Monday// Banana Pumpkin Pie Spice Smoothie; Chicken, Broccoli & Brown Rice Soup, 1/2 Avocado Sandwich; 1 Slice Yellow Cake; x2 Leftover Pizza Slices; Tremeços; Pork Chop, Brown Rice, Swede Mash, Kale; Ben & Jerry's. Tea Count: 1 Lemon & Ginger. Water Log: 1.5 L.
Tuesday// Banana Pumpkin Pie Spice Smoothie; Carrot, Apple & Ginger Juice; Quinoa Mint Tabbouleh; Green Lentil, Courgette & Avocado Salad; Roast Sweet Potato & Broccoli; Apple; Grapes; Raspberry Salmon, Kale, Brown Rice; Ben & Jerry's. Tea Count: 0. Water Log: 0.75 L.
Wednesday// Date Porridge with Blueberries; Ella's Glowing Green Juice; Quinoa Mint Tabbouleh; Green Lentil, Courgette & Avocado Salad; Roast Sweet Potato & Broccoli; Grapes; Chicken & Courgette Pasta. Tea Count: 1 Lemon & Ginger. Water Log: 1.5 L.
Thursday// Date Porridge; Ella's Glowing Green Juice; Quinoa Mint Tabbouleh; Green Lentil, Courgette & Avocado Salad; Roast Sweet Potato & Broccoli; Sweet Potato Fries; Macaroni & Cheese. Tea Count: 0. Water Log: 1.3 L. White Wine. Cider.
Friday// Banana; Eat Naked 'Salted Caramel' Date Shake; Quinoa Mint Tabbouleh; Green Lentil, Courgette & Avocado Salad; Roast Sweet Potato & Broccoli; McDonald's Meal. Tea Count: 0. Water Log: 1.8 L.
Saturday// Bacon, Avocado & Mushroom Sandwich; Salmon, Cucumber & Tomato Salad; Apple; Cheese Board, Paté, Tomato Salad, Tarragon Chicken, New Potato Salad; Ferrero Rocher. Tea Count: 1 Builders, 1 Peppermint. Water Log: 0. Prosecco. Red Wine.
Week's Food Establishments//
Banana Pumpkin Pie Spice Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1/3 mug oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 250ml-ish almond milk
5 THINGS TO READ/ WATCH
- Khaleesi singing reggae... because who secretly doesn't love that?
- Maison Ellis. Why did it take me so long to discover her?
- Grace's rundown of summer scents. As someone who spends her days surrounded by perfume it's nice to get a little peak into other offerings.
- Maddie shopping her stash- because girl crush. Similar feelings on MAC Fix Plus.
- Whether you make this cake or not... just go look at the pictures, drool, and dream of making desserts this beautiful.
5 THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY THIS WEEK
- Getting my hair cut for the first time in 6 months. There are layers and there is shape... finally! Hallelujah!
- Slowly falling in love with MV Organics, Tata Harper and Aurelia- thank you Caroline Hirons!
- Spending all of Saturday morning blasting and singing along to the Beatles.
- Spending last Sunday wining and dining with my bestest buddy.
- Tasting my first ever perfectly pH balanced water in a paper carton... I have never been so excited about water. Wild, I know. Aquapax you made me very happy!