I wanted to say a big thank you to Camey from La Petite Primp for nominating me for the Liebster Award! If you haven't checked her out already you are missing out in a big way! She has the most beautifully designed blog, and her posts always have me clicking away for more. I might even be tempted to start a little fitness regime after last week... I never thought I'd hear myself say those words. That's some powerful blogging right there! Anyway, enough gushing over that lovely lady... the Leibster award is essentially a way to get to know bloggers that are new on the scene and share some internet love. There are a couple versions of the rules, but these are the ones that Camey went by, so I'm going to stick to them:
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask 11 for your nominees to answer
5. Nominate 11 bloggers (or 5) who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 1000 followers
6. Let the nominees know you have nominated them
Right, so for anyone interested... here's more than you probably ever wanted to know about me!
11 RANDOM FACTS
1. I have lived in over 7 countries all over the world. When I was younger we used to move every two years or so, so I am most comfortable on the go.
2. As a result of fact number one, I am fluent in english and spanish, can understand a decent amount of french, and can sound out russian words even though I have no clue what they mean.
3. I love all food. Good food probably makes me more happy than anything else in life. The only things I am not a fan of are octopus and... i can't even think of a number two. I pretty much love everything.
4. When I was a little girl I told my mother in all seriousness that when I grew up I wanted to be an astronaut midwife and deliver babies in space. Dream big.
5. I LOVE TEA. ALOT. I have a slight problem and drink at least 5 cups a day.
6. Despite only having moved to the UK at the age of 17, I am a firm marmite lover. One of my earliest memories is travelling across Australia when I was maybe 2? And pestering my dad to get the marmite out again so we could have a snack. It's delicious.
7. I am really, really bad at keeping in touch. Although I love writing hand written letters. My grandma and I have written them to each other since before I can remember.
8. My little brother was born at home, in the room next to me during the early hours of the morning... and I slept through it. If that's not a testament to my ability to sleep through almost anything, I don't know what is.
9. Last summer I bought a book on making homemade Jams. I haven't touched it. But this summer will be the summer of jams!
10. The best way to brighten up my day is a big bouquet of flowers! Although I have real thing about flowers from boys, I don't like flowers from boys.
11. When I was in kindergarden I was furious at my mother for buying Harry Potter and not my Barbie book at the school book fair. It had a make your own bracelet feature! But I am now a huge fan, HP was my childhood. I had the quilt, robes, and Hedwig doll. I still have the Hedwig doll somewhere.
1. What Blog do you always read religiously?
Caroline Hirons. Two years ago I went on a serious skincare kick and I think I read almost every one of her blog posts. She doesn't post as often as some other bloggers, but every time one goes up everything has to be put on hold in my life for 10 mins while I take notes. She is a genius. Also (two might be cheating) I have been loving I Am a Food Blog recently. Gorgeous photos that will have any fellow foodies out there drooling!
2. What is your 'thing' when it comes to beauty products? (i.e. the thing you compulsively buy, gets you most excited, etc.)
Foundation. I am a firm believer that if your skin and base look good, any other products are going to look amazing on top, so I am constantly on the search for my dream foundation. That being said, I am a real sucker for red lipsticks as well. Ahh! I don't know, I can't choose!
3. What do you love about blogging and what do you find most challenging?
I love doing something I am passionate about. It is so nice to take a break from life and write about all the things you love, and even more exciting is when people start to read it! Most challenging? Social Media. I cannot for the life of me get my head round social media so I really have to push myself to make use of things like twitter, but at least I'm learning!
4. What is your most beloved item of clothing and why?
I am going to have to go with my leather jacket. There isn't anything particularly special about it, I bought it on sale from Bershka but it definitely gets the most use out of anything I own.
5. Where is your favourite place to go for brunch and what do you usually order?
Being a university student I don't get to go for brunch all that often, but when I do I love going to Bill's. It's such an amazing atmosphere there and it's always busy which is a good sign. Depending on my mood, it's a toss up between the eggs royale and the full english. A girl's gotta have options.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? What's your favourite dessert?
YES. I don't have much of a sweet tooth for chocolate but I looooove homemade crumble and custard. Soooo good. OR my aunt makes the most delicious strawberry rhubarb pie (that has to be eaten with ice cream). You will taste nothing better in the world.
7. What book do you think every person should read?
My favourite book of all time is called I Coriander. It's a fairy tale of sorts. I first read it when I was maybe 12, but I've already decided to keep it to read to my future children (is that weird?).
8. What are 3 songs you can't stop listening to right now?
Now, this is probably not going to win me any points... but I really am not that into music. I like it, and I listen to it when other people play it, but it's not really my thing. I have no idea where my ipod is and I think I've forgotten how to even update it. Sorry!
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Ahhhh, this is so tough! Every time I go somewhere new I fall in love with it a little bit. I think my favourite place I have ever been though, has been Rome. This will come as no surprise, but the food is amazing. And I just loved winding through all the little streets, and everyone was so friendly. Rome it is.
10. What's your astrological sign and are you into horoscopes?
I am a pisces. I think that means I'm supposed to have my head in the clouds? When I was 9 my friend Alison had a star signs book which had a good ten pages about each star sign. We read that book religiously. It was our bible. Now though, I'm not really as into them. BUT it's still the first thing I flip to when I buy a new magazine!
11. What Girls and/or Sex and the City character do you relate to most?
Firstly, I love this question! I'd say I'm a mix of Marney's anal tendencies, with a dash of Hannah's likeability (I hope) and a sprinkle of Jessa's constant roaming. Sex and the City wise, I am gonna go Samantha's give-a-shit attitude with Charlotte's babyface. I am a firm believer in tough love.
11 QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
1. If you could only eat one cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. Top foundation, lipstick and mascara?
3. What's your guilty pleasure?
4. What's your favourite childhood memory?
5. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
6. How did you get into blogging and what's your favourite thing about it?
7. Do you have a travel wish list, what are your top 5 places to visit?
8. What's the last book you couldn't put down?
9. What are your all time favourite TV series/ movies?
10. Who is your biggest role model and why?
11. If you could have dinner with 3 famous people who would they be?
I can't wait to read all your answers! If anyone else has been nominated for this, I'd love to read your answers too!